Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Chicken Pot Pie

Pin It


I have been making this amazing chicken pot pie for about 7 years now.  It is so delicious that I don't bother trying a different version.  The first time I made this was the first time I'd ever made a sauce from scratch and I remember being so proud of myself.  I practically have this memorized now!  You could replace the chicken with leftover turkey which would be a great and yummy way to use up leftover turkey from your holiday meal.  You can even make these and freeze them before baking for a quick meal later on.  I rarely have frozen mixed veggies so I usually just add frozen corn, frozen peas, and finely chopped fresh carrots.  I also think rotisserie chicken is the best in this.  If I don't have one, though, I just throw some chicken breasts in the crock-pot with seasonings (salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, poultry seasoning, rosemary) and a little water and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6.  Enjoy!

CHICKEN POT PIE

Ingredients:
2 pie crusts (I use Pillsbury pre-made)
1/3 C butter
1/3 C flour
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 1/2 C water
2/3 C milk
2 chicken bouillon cubes
2 C cooked chicken, cubed or shredded
1 heaping C frozen mixed veggies

Directions:
Preheat oven to 425.
Melt butter in saucepan.  Stir in flour, garlic, and S&P until blended.  Gradually stir in water, milk, and bouillon.  Bring to a boil and stir for 2 minutes.  Mixture will be thick.  Remove from heat and stir in chicken and veggies.  Pour into pie crust and bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. 

No comments:

Post a Comment