Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Sopapilla Cheesecake

Pin It
I owe this one to my friend Kim who introduced this to me about a year ago.  I finally made it a few weeks ago when we were on vacation in Utah.  It is SO simple but amazing!  Whe you look at the list of ingredients you just can't imagine how delicious it will be until you eat it.  It is good hot, room temperature, or cold!  I was in a hurry when I made it so I didn't roll out the crescent rolls for the top and it turned out just fine.  A few months ago I actually saw crescent rolls dough in a can that was in one big sheet with no perforations.  Next time I'll look for that to make it all simpler.  You'll love this!  Just don't think about the calories and enjoy!

SOPAPILLA CHEESECAKE

Ingredients:

3 - 8 oz. packages cream cheese
2 cans crescent rolls (pillsbury is best, the others don't work as well)
1 cup and 1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1 stick butter

Directions:1. Heat oven to 350 and spray a 9 X 13 in ch pan
2. Mix cream cheese, 1 cup sugar and vanilla till smooth
3. Roll out 1 can crescent rolls and place in bottom of pan. Press together seams
4. Spread filling on top
5. Spread other can of crescents on top (I find if you roll it out a little and pinch the seams together, it's easier)
6. Melt butter and pour on top. Mix remaining 1/2 cup sugar with cinnamon and sprinkle on top.

Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Let cool for about 10-15 minutes before serving.  (If you can wait that long!)

No comments:

Post a Comment