Thursday, January 28, 2010

Frozen Key Lime Pie

Pin It
We need something sweet on here don't we? This recipe came from my mother in law, Nola. It's so easy and is my favorite key lime pie. I actually don't use key limes, though, because regular limes are just as good to me. I like making this in the winter because it reminds me of summer. This is a great no-bake dessert!

FROZEN KEY LIME PIE

Ingredients:
1 graham cracker crust
about 6 limes (enough to get 1/2 C juice)
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
1 C heavy whipping cream

Grate 1 TB zest from the limes and squeeze 1/2 C juice. In a large bowl, with wire whisk or fork, stir condensed milk, lime zest, and lime juice until blended; set aside.
In a small bowl with mixer at medium speed, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Take the whipped cream and fold it into the lime mixture.
Pour filling into crust and freeze at least 3 hours or until firm.
To serve, garnish pie with more whipped cream and more lime zest (optional).

1 comment:

  1. Okay, so I am so stoked about your new recipe blog! I LOVE trying new recipes and can't wait to try these...they all sounds so yummy! Keep 'em comin' : )

    ReplyDelete