Sunday, February 21, 2010

Fish Fillets Italiano

Pin It
I made this for the first time the other night and it was a hit! We eat fish or shrimp at least once a week and all of us like it. I get most of my fish from Schwan's because it's just so good from them. I buy our salmon and cod from them and sometimes tilapia. I got tilapia fillets from Sam's a month or so ago and was really happy with that too. I like to buy fish that has been flash frozen because it never has that "fishy" smell to it. I also never buy fish that is pre-seasoned because I don't like all the sodium and junk that they put on it. This recipe would work well with any mild white fish like cod, tilapia, or halibut. Also, the amount of time you cook the fish depends on how thick it is. I served this over plain white rice. I didn't think my kids would like this one but they ALL ate it and said that cod was their new favorite fish. Yay!

FISH FILLETS ITALIANO
adapted from Allrecipes

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
1/2 cup black olives, pitted and sliced
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 pound cod fillets
Salt & Pepper to taste
Directions:
1. In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium heat. Saute onions and garlic in olive oil until softened.
2. Stir in tomatoes, olives, parsley, and broth. Simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Place fillets in sauce and add a little S&P to the tops of the fish. Simmer for about 5-10 more minutes, or until fish turns white. (No opaqueness)

1 comment:

  1. That looks delicious! This one's going on the to-try list. :)

    ReplyDelete