Saturday, February 27, 2010

Seven Layer Tortilla Pie

Pin It
I've been making this recipe for years and it's one of my favorites. My kids all HATE this though but if yours like beans then it won't be a problem. In the past I would give them chicken nuggets because I knew they didn't like it but now I want them to get used to it. I'm so mean aren't I? I love the flavors of the fresh cilantro, garlic, and tomatoes in this. This can also be lower fat by using low fat sour cream and cheese. Enjoy!

SEVEN LAYER TORTILLA PIE

Ingredients:
2 (15 oz) cans pinto beans, rinsed and drained
2 TB chopped fresh cilantro
2 big cloves garlic, minced
1 C salsa, divided
1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 C chopped tomatoes
2 C shredded cheddar cheese
7 (8 inch) flour tortillas
Sour cream and salsa for topping

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl, mash pinto beans. Stir in 3/4 C salsa and garlic.
In a separate bowl, mix together 1/4 C salsa, cilantro, black beans, and tomato.
Coat a deep pie plate with cooking spray and place one tortilla in it.
Spread 3/4 C pinto beans mixture over tortilla to within a 1/2 inch of edge.
Top with 1/4 C cheese and cover with another tortilla. Spread 2/3 C black bean mixture over and top with 1/4 C cheese. Repeat layers twice more.
Cover with remaining tortilla and spread with remaining pinto bean mixture and cheese. Cover with foil. (It will be tall!)
Bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve with salsa and sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment